martes, 7 de mayo de 2013

Verbs: Present Continuous


The PRESENT CONTINUOUS is used when we want to express actions which are happened while talking. The simple structure is the following:

VERB TO BE (In present) + MAIN VERB (with -ING ending)

** The -ING form is equal to the Spanish gerunde (Gerundio)

E.g.: I am playing 

The complete structures are these:

AFFIRMATIVE: SUBJECT + VERB TO BE (Present) + -ING VERB + COMPLEMENTS:

I am playing table-tennis now

NEGATIVE: SUBJECT + VERB TO BE (Present) + NOT + -ING VERB + COMPLEMENTS:

I am not playing table-tennis now

INTERROGATIVE: VERB TO BE (Present) + SUBJECT + -ING VERB + COMPLEMENTS + INTERROGATIVE SIGN (?)

Am I playing table-tennis now?


To the interrogative forms, we can answer affirmatively or negatively:

ARE YOU PLAYING TABLE-TENNIS NOW? 
- Yes, I am 
- No, I am not

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario